Sunday, January 09, 2005

While yaks, blogs and other such may be a tremendously engaging subject for some, they have failed to spark more than a fleeting interest on my part. This, to the extent, that I have generally found this medium a little tedious and more than a little unsatisfactory.

Essentially, in the spectrum of modes that constitute self-expression, the blog is a curious halfway house. In most forms of mass distribution media, content tends to be researched, polished and targeted at a sizable audience. The blog obviates such requirements and allows for a more instant, informal style. For me, however, this negates the very appeal of writing. The time I would spend formulating proto-conversational prose is better spent, as far as I'm concerned, actually conversing. Given the size of our readership, it would probably even take less time to talk to each person individually than it would to compose some vapid pontification.

And so this is my last post.

No comments: