Monday, January 03, 2005

Wow.

That's the only word that comes to mind during my daily reflections (of which more will be posted online, I promise...) Simply put, I have never been as amazed at the world as I am these fresh few days of 2005. From the disaster in South & Southeast Asia (more on that later), to the idiocy that I witness everyday, I am continually stunned. But not completly speechless. If there's one thing that's certain in life, it's that when given a chance, people open their big mouths to gripe...including me.

And first on the agenda are the tsunamis currently sweeping through the world as I type. I'm not referring to the natural disasters that have taken so many lives. Instead I refer to overwhelming flood of news that has followed in the wake of December 26. Much like after Sept. 11, 2001, every form of media (new and old, wired and waved) have contributed to raising the world's awareness. And that's a damn good thing.

Let's hope that in the months that come, we don't forget Aceh, Galle, and Nicobar for whatever latest celebrity titillation that enamours the public mind.

As for what's happening on the uncluttered front, my understanding is that Prashant is currently taking a leave of absence. Yes, the jabs, jokes and jests may now commence - his contributions have always been sparse, I know. Even so, let us wish him well on his future endeavors, which I understand involve yaks in Central Asia... more on that as I find out.

As for me? I have plans in the works. But let me first pose a question to our "readers" (and I know you're out there....)

What does time mean to you?

No comments: